The Conference will be held at University of Firenze, Piazza S. Marco, 4 and at Didactic Plexus “Capponi”, via Gino Capponi 9, Firenze, Italy. The conference will be hosted in the historical site of the Chemistry and Pharmacy Department “Ugo Schiff “.
Address (Conference Venue):
University of Firenze, Piazza S. Marco, 4. Room "Aula Magna"
University of Firenze, Didaptic Plexus “Capponi”, via Gino Capponi 9, Firenze, Italy.
Main door coordinates.
Firenze is located in the central Italian region of Tuscany. It is one of the most spectacular cities in Europe. Celebrated as the birthplace of the Renaissance, the city is home to many of its most famous artistic treasures. Consequently, it is a popular destination for tourists and students of art and culture. For more information about Firenze please visit the following web pages:
The welcome reception will take place on Monday, July 17 in the courtyard of University of Firenze, Piazza San Marco, 4, (the same place where the Conference is held during the first day). The event is scheduled to begin at 19:00.
The conference dinner will be served inside the Botanical Garden of the University of Florence "Giardino dei Semplici", Via Pier Antonio Micheli n°3, Firenze. Such an historical site is nearby the Conference venue and a guided tour will be organized to enjoy its beauty and appreciate its historical significance.
The Garden is located in the heart of Florence and it is the third-oldest botanical garden in the world, after those of Pisa and Padua. It was commissioned in the 16th century by the Grand-Duke Cosimo I de’ Medici with the main focus on the study and conservation of medicinal plants. The name "Semplici" comes indeed from the Latin "medicina simplex" , that indicates a medicine extracted from herbs.
Founded on December 1, 1545, it was designed by the court architect Niccoló Tribolo, while the planting was curated by Luca Ghini, a famous physician, botanist and pharmacologist.
The "Giardino dei Semplici", in its current structure, occupies an area of 23,892 m2. Of remarkable interest, for its extension (about 1690 m2), is the complex of greenhouses built at the end of the 19th century and hosting tropical plants, an ancient collection of Citrus, aquatic plants and a collection of herbs for traditional ethnobotanical uses. Currently, the Botanical Garden is one of the sections of the Museum of Natural History of the University of Florence.